I was introduced to this camera convertor at a Mac Smackdown Session at ULearn 2010 in New Zealand and just thought it was brilliant. I was eager to take it back to my school where we had recently instigated a 1-to-1 Mac Laptop program. Everybody loved it. It is so simple and is extremely easy to use. From our point of view it actually made moviemaking a safer process.
Put the camera or video operator behind the camera instead of in front. Turn you inbuilt camera into a camera that is like all other camera where
- the image is the right way round and no longer reversed
- you are able to fully control the camera without ducking out of the way
- you are recording in seconds
- captures straight into iMovie;
- a camera when using Photobooth;
- an animation station when using I Can Animate
- a direct input device into Comic Life
These are easy to make but if you need lots than you can purchase a kit from the designer for $16.00 NZ. His contact details are iEducator Ltd, 31B Matai Rd Greenlane, Auckland or Email him directly at email@example.com. I am recommending these because they work exceptionally well in school situations, and I am more than happy with what they allow my students to produce. Although this was designed for a Mac Notebook, you could modify for most laptops with built-in cameras.
I have no financial interest in this product.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org